- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pk Active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 c Warm Water (105 deg. f.)
- 1/2 c Sugar
- 1 ts Salt
- 2 ea Eggs
- 1 c Evaporated milk
- 7 c Sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c Soft shortening
- 1 x Oil for frying
- In large bowl, sprinkle yeast over water; stir to dissolve.
- Add sugar,salt, eggs and milk. Blend with rotary beater. Add 4 cups of the flour; beat smooth.
- Add shortening; beat in remaining flour.
- Cover and chill several hours.
- Deep fry at 360 degrees 2 to 3 mintues or until lightly browned on each side. (If beignets don't rise to the top immediately when you drop them into the oil, the oil isn't hot enough.)
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle heavily with confectioners' sugar.
- Serve hot.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More