- Cooking Time: 50 min
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 30 min
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter (1 cube) melted
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3 8oz packages cream cheese, ROOM TEMP
- 4 eggs ROOM TEMP
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar,
- and butter. Press into bottom of an 8 inch springform pan. Wrap a square of foil around bottom of pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, eggs, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Pour mixture over prepared crust.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes (until center set).
- Place a pie tin, or shalow baking pan filled with water on bottom rack of oven. For added moisture, and to help prevent top from cracking.
- Let cake cool completey before removing from pan.
- If you prefer, you can spread 1 pint of room temperature sour cream over the top of cheese cake, and return to oven for 5 minutes. ( I never do this).
- You can also add any fruit pie filing to the top after cooling.
NotesI got this recipe from a Ann Lander article in 1994 I think and it has been my NY cheescake recipe ever since.
Its very easy and thats what I love about it, everyone else loves the flavor and texture.
Watch for other cheescake recipes from me :O)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Paul's Food World Volume 1
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More