- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package (7 oz.) chocolate wafer cookies
- 2/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- ½ cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 10 ounces good quality dark chocolate, chopped finely
- icing or pre-made icing decorations
- Line a 9x9" baking pan with foil.
- Place cookies in a food processor; process until finely ground.
- Combine cookies and 3 tablespoons sugar in a bowl.
- Add the melted butter, and mix well until crumb mixture holds together.
- Transfer cookie mixture to the prepared pan, and pat out evenly to make the crust, only filling the bottom of the pan - notlining the sides.
- Place in freezer while proceeding.
- Combine cream cheese, vanilla, and remaining 2/3 cup sugar in a mixer, and beat until combined.
- Lightly whip cream to soft peaks, and fold into cream-cheese filling.
- Remove crust from freezer, and pour filling evenly into pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap, place in freezer for 30 minutes, or over night.
- Remove pan from freezer, allow cheesecake to soften slightly.
- Remove from pan (should be easy with the foil liner) and slice into 1-1.5" squares.
- Return to freezer for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler until smooth.
- Turn off heat.
- Remove cheesecake squares from freezer and dip each one in the chocolate - covering them completely.
- Allow to cool on a cookie rack, and decorate with icing, melted white chocolate, or premade/bought decorations.
- Store in freezer, allowing at least 10 minutes at room temperature prior to serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Amsterdam Friends CookbookSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More