- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package (7 oz.) chocolate wafer cookies
- 2/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- ½ cup heavy (whipping) cream
- 10 ounces good quality dark chocolate, chopped finely
- icing or pre-made icing decorations
- Line a 9x9" baking pan with foil.
- Place cookies in a food processor; process until finely ground.
- Combine cookies and 3 tablespoons sugar in a bowl.
- Add the melted butter, and mix well until crumb mixture holds together.
- Transfer cookie mixture to the prepared pan, and pat out evenly to make the crust, only filling the bottom of the pan - notlining the sides.
- Place in freezer while proceeding.
- Combine cream cheese, vanilla, and remaining 2/3 cup sugar in a mixer, and beat until combined.
- Lightly whip cream to soft peaks, and fold into cream-cheese filling.
- Remove crust from freezer, and pour filling evenly into pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap, place in freezer for 30 minutes, or over night.
- Remove pan from freezer, allow cheesecake to soften slightly.
- Remove from pan (should be easy with the foil liner) and slice into 1-1.5" squares.
- Return to freezer for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Melt the chocolate in the top of a double boiler until smooth.
- Turn off heat.
- Remove cheesecake squares from freezer and dip each one in the chocolate - covering them completely.
- Allow to cool on a cookie rack, and decorate with icing, melted white chocolate, or premade/bought decorations.
- Store in freezer, allowing at least 10 minutes at room temperature prior to serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More