- Cooking Time: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg. Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets (2 sheets)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 can or jar (21 oz.) fruit pie filling, any variety
- THAW pastry sheets at room temperature 30 min. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix egg and water.
- UNFOLD pastry sheets.
- Place 1 pastry sheet on baking sheet.
- Spread pie filling on pastry to within 1" of edges.
- Brush edges with egg mixture.
- Place remaining pastry sheet over pie filling. Press edges together with fork to seal.
- Brush with egg mixture.
- Cut several 2" slits in top of pastry.
- BAKE 30 min. or until golden.
- Cool on baking sheet on wire rack at least 15 min. Cut into squares.
NotesI found this recipe on the Pepperidge Farm website.
"Nothing could be easier than this fruit pie made with Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets . Add your favorite pie filling—cherry, apple, blueberry, raspberry or a combination."
Garnish Ideas: fresh seasonal fruit and or powdered sugar