- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Makes about 12 cups
- Preparation Time:
- 10 cups gluten-free bread cubes
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 apples, peeled and chopped
- 4 chicken-apple sausages or other sausages, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1½ cups gluten-free chicken stock
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread bread cubes on cookie sheets in a single layer and bake in oven until cubes are dry, about 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and sauté onion and celery until soft. Add apples and sausages and sauté until apples are soft, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine bread cubes, onion mixture and remaining
- Mix until bread is thoroughly moistened.
- Place stuffing into a lightly oiled baking dish.
- Bake covered in a 350-degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue baking to let stuffing brown, about 10 minutes. Alternatively, place stuffing into turkey cavity, lightly packed, and cook according to weight of the bird.
NotesReprinted from Celi-Yak News - Spring 2011
Use your favorite gluten-free sandwich- style bread to make the bread cubes in this tasty turkey stuffing. It can be made egg free with good results. For dairy-free stuffing, use dairy-free bread.
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Home cookingSee More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More