- Cooking Time: 11-13
- Servings: approximately 37
- Preparation Time: 7 minutes
BackstoryThe Star Trek Fan Club to which I belong has a yearly cookie run.
We make different kinds of cookies for the fire fighters of our county
and for proper authorities of our city. I once made these cookies for
that purpose and for my family, too. Quite a tastey twist on the traditional chocolate chip cookies!
- For a single recipe, you need:
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup +2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- A. In A mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar . Beat in egg and extract; Mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed butter mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and cocnut.
- B. Drp by rounded tablespoonfulls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 F. for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Don't burn! But if they're a little burnt, it should be ok. Remove to wire racks to cool, then place on a flower sack towel.
- C. Enjoy, pack and store, whatever!