- Cooking Time: 13 to 14
- Preparation Time:
- 100g ground almonds (almond meal)
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp almond extract
- Preheat over to 180 degrees C.
- Sift together almonds, sugar and flour in a bowl to combine.
- Then mix in egg white and both extracts until well combined.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls and place on a parchment line cookie sheet.
- Flatten the balls of dough slightly. (Note: I like my amaretti soft so I don't flatten the balls of dough too much. If you want the cookies to be less soft, flatten the balls more.)
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 13-14 minutes or until lightly golden.
NotesI found this recipe for amaretti on a fellow food-blogger's site. The results were Not Quite Right, though still very tasty!
Read more on my food blog - Kitchen Wench
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More