- Cooking Time: 13 to 14
- Preparation Time:
- 100g ground almonds (almond meal)
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp almond extract
- Preheat over to 180 degrees C.
- Sift together almonds, sugar and flour in a bowl to combine.
- Then mix in egg white and both extracts until well combined.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls and place on a parchment line cookie sheet.
- Flatten the balls of dough slightly. (Note: I like my amaretti soft so I don't flatten the balls of dough too much. If you want the cookies to be less soft, flatten the balls more.)
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 13-14 minutes or until lightly golden.
NotesI found this recipe for amaretti on a fellow food-blogger's site. The results were Not Quite Right, though still very tasty!
Read more on my food blog - Kitchen Wench
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More