- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: Varies
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups nuts
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- Use candy thermometer
- Heat and stir sugar, syrup and water in a heavy 3-quart saucepan until the sugar dissolves.
- Cook over medium heat to soft ball stage (234 degrees).
- Add nuts at 250 degrees.
- Cook to hard crack stage (290 degrees), stirring often.
- Remove from heat.
- Quickly, stir in butter and soda.
- Beat to a froth for a few seconds.
- Pour at once onto 2 well-buttered 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch pans or a non-stick silicon mat, spreading with spatula.
- If desired, cool slightly and pull with forks to stretch thin.
- Break up when cold.
- Yield: About 1-1/2 pounds of brittle
NotesThis has been in the family since before my time. Use any kind of nuts you want. I usually use a can of fancy mixed nuts.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More