- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI got this recipe from the Best Loved Brand Name Recipes. I did tweak it a bit though (see note)
- 1 package (about 5 ounces)dry au gratin potatoes
- 1 can (about 15 ounces)whole kernel corn, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheese
- 1 can (about 2 ounces) ripe olives, drained
- Tortilla chips (optional)
- In large saucepan, combine potatoes, dry au gratin sauce mix, corn with liquid, water and salsa.
- Heat to boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add milk, cheese and olives.
- Cook until cheese is melted and soup is heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with tortilla chips
- Makes 6 serving
- NOTE: I doubled this recipe using only one can of olives since we aren't big on olives here.
- The original recipe calls for a taco blend shredded cheese but I used a marble and it was great.
- I used about 2 cups of frozen corn instead of the can, so I added about half a cup of water on top of the 2 cups called for.