NACHO CHEESE SOUP
- 1 package (about 5 ounces)dry au gratin potatoes
- 1 can (about 15 ounces)whole kernel corn, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheese
- 1 can (about 2 ounces) ripe olives, drained
- Tortilla chips (optional)
In large saucepan, combine potatoes, dry au gratin sauce mix, corn with liquid, water and salsa.
Heat to boil; reduce heat.
Cover and simmer 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
Add milk, cheese and olives.
Cook until cheese is melted and soup is heated through, stirring occasionally.
Garnish with tortilla chips
Makes 6 serving
NOTE: I doubled this recipe using only one can of olives since we aren't big on olives here.
The original recipe calls for a taco blend shredded cheese but I used a marble and it was great.
I used about 2 cups of frozen corn instead of the can, so I added about half a cup of water on top of the 2 cups called for.