- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy mom always made this when we were growing up and we kids loved it. It's definitely not good for you, but for me, it's good comfort food.
- 1 bag of Doritos
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 large jar of pasta sauce
- your favorite seasonings (I usually use pepper, cayenne, chili powder, onion powder or whatever else looks good in my spice cabinet)
- 1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of rice
- Cook rice according to package directions in a large pot.
- 2. Line pie or cake pans with Doritos as though it were a crust.
- 3. Brown ground beef and drain.
- 4. Add ground beef, pasta sauce, and spices to rice. Add enough sauce so that the mixture looks a bit soupy.
- 5. Pour the mixture into the pan lined with Doritos.
- 6. Cover the top with cheddar cheese.
- 7. Add more Doritos, like spikes rather than laying them across the top.
- 8. Bake at 350 for 2-3 minutes til cheese is just melted but Doritos are not burnt.
- Serve with extra Doritos for scooping and lots of napkins for very orange fingers.