- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 bag of Doritos
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 large jar of pasta sauce
- your favorite seasonings (I usually use pepper, cayenne, chili powder, onion powder or whatever else looks good in my spice cabinet)
- 1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of rice
- Cook rice according to package directions in a large pot.
- 2. Line pie or cake pans with Doritos as though it were a crust.
- 3. Brown ground beef and drain.
- 4. Add ground beef, pasta sauce, and spices to rice. Add enough sauce so that the mixture looks a bit soupy.
- 5. Pour the mixture into the pan lined with Doritos.
- 6. Cover the top with cheddar cheese.
- 7. Add more Doritos, like spikes rather than laying them across the top.
- 8. Bake at 350 for 2-3 minutes til cheese is just melted but Doritos are not burnt.
- Serve with extra Doritos for scooping and lots of napkins for very orange fingers.
NotesMy mom always made this when we were growing up and we kids loved it. It's definitely not good for you, but for me, it's good comfort food.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More