NAKED FITNESS: CHICKEN WRAPPED UP BY ANDREA METCALF CELEBRITY FITNESS TRAINER
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 5
Backstory240 calories, 15 grams protein, 4 grams fiber serves 5
This recipe is part of the Naked Fitness healthy lifestyle program for weight loss and healthy living.
from Andrea Metcalf, Anytime Fitness Celebrity Trainer and author of Naked Fitness, a 28 Day Proven Weight Loss Program for a Slimmer, Fitter, Pain-Free Body. (Vanguard Press)
Let me reassure you: Naked Fitness isn’t about working out in the nude or exercising in skimpy spandex for all the world to see. No, none of that.
Naked Fitness is about stripping away all the obstacles, barriers, and excuses in your life that keep you from getting your wonderful body into the best shape possible. It’s about seeing how beautiful your real body is—an ever-evolving work of art—and feeling good about your body just as it is. The truth is that with a great body comes great confidence—with clothes or without them.
These quick ten recipes are straight from my Naked Fitness book. They are simple, nutrient dense and lower in calories than traditional versions. Each recipe comes with a stretch and strengthening exercise for toning up that Naked Body to feel good in your own skin. Combine the ten exercises for a simple, daily effective workout routine that should take less than 15 minutes to complete.
As the routine becomes easier to perform, bump up the sets and resistance. You should feel stronger in two weeks and look slimmer in six!
I say “yes” to not cooking. I triple my recipes, for example, and freeze dinners. My favorites are my tortilla soup and polenta chili. Both take less than 30 minutes to make, and I do them at the same time. Cook enough for two or three dinners and then freeze and defrost as needed. This way, most energy-intensive cooking is done once for several meals. As for frozen microwave veggies, they’re a staple in my household.
- Chicken Wrapped 240 calories, 15 grams protein, 4 grams fiber
- serves 5
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 -1/2 cups yellow pepper diced
- 1/2 jar chunky salsa
- 1/2 packet fajita spices
- 5 Flat out Tortillas (90 calories each)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- spray Olive oil
- Mix chicken, peppers, spices, and salsa in a bowl. Spray baking dish with olive oil and spoon 1-1/2 cups of chicken mixture intro wraps and roll up. Lightly spray tortillas and sprinkle cheese over the top. Bake in oven at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until cheese bubbles.
- Pair this recipe with this exercise and stretch for a complete food experience and fitness track.
- Ten Exercises from Naked Fitness You Can’t Live Without
- 1. IT BAND STRETCH The IT band is a layer of connective tissue that runs down the outside of the leg from the outer side of your hip to below your knee, where it attaches to the outer side of your upper shin bone. When this tissue is injured, your knee may hurt. This stretch will help prevent injury. Begin in a standing position. Cross your right leg slightly behind your left leg. Reach your right elbow toward the ceiling. Lean to the side.
- Hold this position for 10 counts. Then repeat. Change sides and perform two times on the other side.
- SIDE LUNGE Stand with your feet together. Step to the right side, bending your right knee to transfer your weight to your right foot. Reach your left hand to your right knee and keep your toes pointed forward and weight on the heels on the lunge.
- Push back to the center and perform the movement on the left side. Con- tinue alternating from side to side for a total of 20 lunges.
- TIP: Add a dumbbell and touch the weight to the floor on the lunge part of the movement to make the exercise more challenging.