NAKED FITNESS POLENTA CHILI WITH CELEBRITY FITNESS TRAINER ANDREA METCALF - SWIMMER
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
BackstoryThis recipe is from my Naked Fitness recipe collection. Naked Fitness is my book launched 2011 bringing my best tips to help you FEEL GOOD IN YOUR OWN SKIN!.
Let me reassure you: Naked Fitness isn’t about working out in the nude or exercising in skimpy spandex for all the world to see. No, none of that.
Naked Fitness is about stripping away all the obstacles, barriers, and excuses in your life that keep you from getting your wonderful body into the best shape possible. It’s about seeing how beautiful your real body is—an ever-evolving work of art—and feeling good about your body just as it is. The truth is that with a great body comes great confidence—with clothes or without them.
This is one of my quick recipes straight from my Naked Fitness book. They are simple, nutrient dense and lower in calories than traditional versions. Each recipe comes with a stretch or strengthening exercise for toning up that Naked Body to feel good in your own skin. Combine the ten exercises for a simple, daily effective workout routine that should take less than 15 minutes to complete.
As the routine becomes easier to perform, bump up the sets and resistance. You should feel stronger in two weeks and look slimmer in six!
I say “yes” to not cooking. I triple my recipes, for example, and freeze dinners. My favorites are my tortilla soup and polenta chili. Both take less than 30 minutes to make, and I do them at the same time. Cook enough for two or three dinners and then freeze and defrost as needed. This way, most energy-intensive cooking is done once for several meals. As for frozen microwave veggies, they’re a staple in my household.
- 5 chicken sausages (the entire package)
- Polenta, 18-oz. package
- Salsa, one 12-oz. jar
- Garbanzo beans (chickpeas),
- one 15-oz. can, rinsed and drained
- Start the grill. Grill the chicken sausage until done and then chop it into small pieces. Next, chop the packaged polenta in small pieces and put it in a pot with 1 1/2 cups boiling water until it becomes creamy. Add the salsa, rinsed garbanzo beans, and chicken sausage. Heat thoroughly. Divide into five 2-cup servings.