- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10-30
- Preparation Time:
- 2 eggs 1/2 cup of milk
- 3 tbsps of water 1/2 cup of sifted flour
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- Filling for Nalysnyky
- 2 cups of dry cottage cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsps of cream (you may need more)
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of dill (dry or fresh)
- 2-3 cups of cream
- 2 tbsps of soft butter
- Beat the eggs with a beater until light, add milk and water, beat again. Gradually add the flour and salt, continuing to beat as you add the flour. Beat until smooth. The batter will be thin. Pour a few tbsps of batter into the center of a heated and greased small frying pan. Tilt the pan to distribute the batter evenly across the bottom. Cook over moderate heat. When lightly browned on the bottom and firm to the touch on top remove cake to a plate. Continue frying in this manner until the batter is used up.
- Filling for Nalysnyky: Combine cottage cheese, egg yolks, 2tbsps of cream, salt and dill until you get a fairly smooth mixture. You may add 1-2 more tbsps of cream if mixture appears to thick. Spread filling down the center of each Nalysnyky and roll each into a tube. Lay the Nalysnyky side by side in a buttered casserole dish .Spread 1 tbsp of butter over each layer. You may have up to 2 layers. Pour the 2-3 cup of cream over the Nalysnyky and cover with foil. Bake at 325*F for 30 minutes. They are ready when they puff up. You may want to remove the foil for the last 5 minutes of baking.
- A few notes on the recipe, first of all these are pronounced (na-lish-na-key). They are so good, omg, and they are not to hard to make! The batter recipe makes only enough for approx. 10 Nalysnyky so I triple it. The recipe for the filling makes enough for 30 so I never need to make more than what is described.
NotesA few notes on the recipe, first of all these are pronounced (na-lish-na-key). They are so good, omg, and they are not to hard to make!
The batter recipe makes only enough for approx. 10 Nalysnyky so I triple it.
The recipe for the filling makes enough for 30 so I never need to make more than what is described.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More