- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1.5 lb. daikon, peeled and julienned or cut into shreds
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned or cut into shreds
- 1 T. Salt
- 2 T. sugar
- 1/3 c. rice vinegar
- 2 dashes soy sauce
- Combine veggies in bowl, sprinle with salt, and toss well. Set aside for 20 minutes. Drain squeezing out all the water.
- Dissolve sugar in vinegar and pour over veggies. Refrigerate.
- Great with brown rice.
- Add soysauce just before serving.
NotesGot this recipe from the NY Times. I am always interested in salads that use winter veggies.
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
The Social Cookbook
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More