- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1.5 lb. daikon, peeled and julienned or cut into shreds
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned or cut into shreds
- 1 T. Salt
- 2 T. sugar
- 1/3 c. rice vinegar
- 2 dashes soy sauce
- Combine veggies in bowl, sprinle with salt, and toss well. Set aside for 20 minutes. Drain squeezing out all the water.
- Dissolve sugar in vinegar and pour over veggies. Refrigerate.
- Great with brown rice.
- Add soysauce just before serving.
NotesGot this recipe from the NY Times. I am always interested in salads that use winter veggies.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More