- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1.5 lb. daikon, peeled and julienned or cut into shreds
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned or cut into shreds
- 1 T. Salt
- 2 T. sugar
- 1/3 c. rice vinegar
- 2 dashes soy sauce
- Combine veggies in bowl, sprinle with salt, and toss well. Set aside for 20 minutes. Drain squeezing out all the water.
- Dissolve sugar in vinegar and pour over veggies. Refrigerate.
- Great with brown rice.
- Add soysauce just before serving.
NotesGot this recipe from the NY Times. I am always interested in salads that use winter veggies.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Vegan Eats!See More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More