- Cooking Time: 15-20
- Preparation Time:
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup flour
- 7 oz. sweetened coconut (I use Baker's
- Beat eggwhites, vanilla and sugar together until fluffy. Add flour and beat some more. Fold in coconut.
- Drop by a tablespoon onto a foil-covered cookie sheet (thermal ones don't work so well, use your old single layer metal ones).
- Bake at 325º for 15-20 minutes, until nicely browned. Wait until completely cooled before peeling them from the foil.
- For added delight, dip into melted chocolate, then cool in fridge.
NotesMy father was a staunch republican and my mother a left-of-liberal democrat. They didn't talk much about politics when I was growing up, but they did make funny little digs at each other. One of my dad's favorites was to make these cookies; he claims to have found the recipe in a magazine when Nancy Reagan was first lady. They're super-delicious and impossible to refuse. My mother always declared, "That woman never baked a cookie in her life," as she reached for one. I ended up a liberal democrat who hangs out with other democrats. There's something really ironic and funny about bringing these cookies to gatherings with my liberal friends.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Italy or Bust
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More