- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- 2 c mandarin oranges (drain and set 12 slices aside)
- 1 large container Cool Whip
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1.5 cups chopped pecans
- 1 handful coconut flakes *to taste, really*
- 1/2 can condensed milk
- Combine drained oranges *remember to reserve 12 for decorations!*, pecans, Cool Whip, condensed milk, coconut, and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Fill pie crust.
- Top with mandarin slices and pecan halves.
- Refrigerate 2 hours, but it best when allowed to set overnight.
- Slice and serve!
NotesI am not a cake person, never have been! Every year for my birthday, my Nanny would whip up this pie for me in lieu of a cake. It is a family fav and we have it at all holiday gatherings. Still, nothing is better on top of this luscious pie than a few birthday candles:) It reminds me of my Nanny's thoughtfulness!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More