- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 30
BackstoryI am not a cake person, never have been! Every year for my birthday, my Nanny would whip up this pie for me in lieu of a cake. It is a family fav and we have it at all holiday gatherings. Still, nothing is better on top of this luscious pie than a few birthday candles:) It reminds me of my Nanny's thoughtfulness!
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- 2 c mandarin oranges (drain and set 12 slices aside)
- 1 large container Cool Whip
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1.5 cups chopped pecans
- 1 handful coconut flakes *to taste, really*
- 1/2 can condensed milk
- Combine drained oranges *remember to reserve 12 for decorations!*, pecans, Cool Whip, condensed milk, coconut, and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Fill pie crust.
- Top with mandarin slices and pecan halves.
- Refrigerate 2 hours, but it best when allowed to set overnight.
- Slice and serve!