- Cooking Time: 2 hours
- Servings: 2 cakes
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb. dates, chopped
- 1 lb. coconut
- 1 lb. pecans, chopped
- 1/2 lb red candied cherries, chopped
- 1/2 lb. green candied cherries, chopped
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cans Eagle Brand Milk
- Mix all ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Grease 2 (1 Piece, very important!) bunt pans.
- Pack into pans.
- Bake 2 hours at 250 degrees.
- Cool for 20 minutes.
- Remove from pans.
- You may have to mold some pieces back together.
- Cool completely.
NotesMy mom has been making this "fruit cake" for years. It is so good my 19 year old daughter, told her "this year don't get me anything, just teach me how to make your Christmas Cake". Merranda loves this cake so much she made it again last week, and its February!! PLEASE try this recipe it will change your way of thinking about fruit cake!!! It's like CANDY!!!! It makes great Christmas gifts!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More