- Cooking Time: 2 hours
- Servings: 2 cakes
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
BackstoryMy mom has been making this "fruit cake" for years. It is so good my 19 year old daughter, told her "this year don't get me anything, just teach me how to make your Christmas Cake". Merranda loves this cake so much she made it again last week, and its February!! PLEASE try this recipe it will change your way of thinking about fruit cake!!! It's like CANDY!!!! It makes great Christmas gifts!
- 1 lb. dates, chopped
- 1 lb. coconut
- 1 lb. pecans, chopped
- 1/2 lb red candied cherries, chopped
- 1/2 lb. green candied cherries, chopped
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cans Eagle Brand Milk
- Mix all ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Grease 2 (1 Piece, very important!) bunt pans.
- Pack into pans.
- Bake 2 hours at 250 degrees.
- Cool for 20 minutes.
- Remove from pans.
- You may have to mold some pieces back together.
- Cool completely.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Cook With The Twinz - Juice & Smoothies Volume One
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
All American Sloppy Joes
Crab With Ginger And Scallions
BLT SandwichSee More