- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 1/2 cups thin coconut milk (about 2 cans)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- After rice has been washed and drained, add coconut milk, turmeric, coriander,garlic, bay leaves and salt.
- Cook on low heat until coconut milk has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile fry the sliced onion in oil until golden brown.
- On a large platter garnish the onion slices around the rice.
NotesWe make Nasi Kuning often when we prepare an Indonesian dinner
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Italian Exchange
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More