- Cooking Time: 15 - 20 mins.
- Servings: varries
- Preparation Time: 5 mins.
- *the amounts are at your discretion; use how much you need at the time.
- Bacon (use any flavor that you prefer, just make sure it's real bacon - nothing that you would microwave!)
- Onion (white are the best for this recipe)
- Garlic (just one or two large cloves)
- Hot Peppers (the smaller the better; again, use at your discretion)
- Black Beans, canned (drain some of the goo they come in, but leave a little for cooking)
- Tomato (two medium-sized is a good number)
- Hot Pepper Flakes (just a few shakes from the canister)
- Cumin (a healthy dose)
- Lime (just one is enough)
- Cilantro, chopped (a small handful for two servings is enough; if you abhor cilantro you could try some fresh flat-leaf parsley)
- Set a large, deep pan over a medium-high flame.
- Chop the bacon into smallish squares and add to the pan.
- Cook until crispy. Remove bacon to another bowl, to reserve for later.
- Leave the fat in the pan but turn down the heat to medium. Add the onion, salt and pepper. Cook until nice and caramelized. Add the garlic and hot peppers.
- When mixture is done, add the tomatoes, hot pepper flakes and cumin. Turn down the heat to medium-low and add the beans.
- Simmer until everything is heated through and the whole dish is a little thick.
- Plate into deep bowls and garnish with the reserved bacon and chopped cilantro.
NotesBlack beans are a favorite staple in the "bat cave" and I often try out new flavor combos with these sturdy little gems. Last night I cooked up a batch for dinner and my boyfriend immediately christened them "Naughty Beans." He says it's naughty how yummy I can make beans. I hope you like them too!
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More