NAVY BEAN BACON SOUP
- 1-1/2 cups dried navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cold water
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 medium carrot, cut lengthwise into halves, then cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small turnip, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (46 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
Soak beans overnight in cold water; drain.
Cook bacon in medium skillet over medium heat. Drain fat; crumble bacon. Combine carrot, turnip, beans, bacon, celery, onion, Italian seasoning and pepper in slow cooker. Add broth. Cover; cook on LOW 8 to 9 hours or until beans are tender.
Ladle 2 cups of soup mixture into food processor or blender. Process until smooth; return to slow cooker. Add milk. Cover; cook on HIGH 15 minutes or until heated through