- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 pound dry navy beans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 cups ripe tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup ham, cubed
- Place beans in a large Dutch oven; rinse well and drain. Return beans to pan; cover with water and soak overnight. The next day drain beans; add 2 quarts of fresh water. In a sauce pan heat butter. Add flour; cook until golden. Add onions, green pepper and garlic. Cook until wilted. Add mixture and remaining ingredients to the beans. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer partially covered for 1 hour or until the beans are tender. Serve with hot crusty bread.
- *Add more water and cook longer if beans are not tender.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Foodie BabySee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More