- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 large onion -- chopped
- 1 clove garlic -- chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon mace
- Microwave onions and garlic for 3 minutes and set aside.
- Fry hamburger until no longer pink, mince it with a potato masher to remove the lumps, sprinkle on flour and continue cooking mixing in flour until no longer white.
- Add onions and all remaining ingredients.
- Stir and cover, lower heat, simmer 30 minutes, stir frequently.
- Thin with more water if needed.
- Place in warm oven 30 minutes or until ready to serve on toasted bread slices.
NotesWhen I was in the Navy I really loved this. Some of us became addicted to it and have to have it occasionally.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Pho - Vietnamese Beef Noodle
Creamy Roasted Sweet Potato Soup
Jim's Easy Vegetable Green Thai CurrySee More