- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWhen I was in the Navy I loved the SOS Red and White.
- 1/2 stick butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 can evaporated milk -- small can
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar dried beef slices -- chopped
- Melt butter in a large frying pan and add flour.
- Mix well and cook until flour turns brown.
- Add milk and cream slowly.
- Stir in dried beef.
- Add salt and pepper, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve over biscuits or toast.