Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ white cake mix
Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1 container (12 oz) Betty Crocker™ Whipped chocolate frosting
1 container (12 oz) Betty Crocker™ Whipped fluffy white frosting
1 container (12 oz) Betty Crocker™ Whipped strawberry mist frosting
Assorted Betty Crocker™ Decorating Decors candy sprinkles
(Feel free to not use Betty Crocker, you can use scratch recipes)
Additional miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1) Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans).
2) Place white paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
3) Make cake mix as directed on box for cupcakes, using water, oil and egg whites and adding almond extract and vanilla.
4) Pour half of batter into small bowl; stir in cocoa and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. 5) Divide chocolate batter evenly among muffin cups.
6) Carefully spoon white batter evenly over chocolate batter.
7) Bake as directed on box.
8) Cool 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
9) Frost cupcakes with a layer of chocolate frosting, white frosting and strawberry frosting.
10) Decorate with candy sprinkles and additional chocolate chips.