- Cooking Time: 2 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 8 oz. part skim ricotta cheese
- 4 oz. light sour cream
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange or lemon zest
- 1 pound cake
- 1 cup fresh berries (I used raspberries and blackberries)
- optional: 2 Tablespoons chopped pistachios
Put ricotta and sour cream in medium mixing bowl
Using whisk attachment, mix with electric mixer until well mixed.
Add sugar, vanilla and zest; mix well.
Fold in chopped pistachios, if using.
Cut pound cake into 1/2 inch slices and toast in toaster or oven.
Top each slice with a good dollop of cream.
Sprinkle with berries and serve.
*Note: replace sour cream with mascarpone for an authentic cannoli cream.
**Variation: eliminate pound cake; spoon cream into parfait glass and top with berries.