NEATLOAF (VEG MEATLOAF FROM ANANDA FUARA)
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix (the whole packet measures 1/4 cup, so use slightly less or use the whole packet if you like the onion soup mix taste) - for vegetarian version substitute dry soup mix without beef bouillion
- 1/3 LB low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/3 LB firm tofu (mashed into small pieces)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil of choice
- 1/3 cup onions
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/4 tsp. rosemary (fresh is good)
- 4 cups (dry measured) Special K (note: this approximately equals 4 oz or 113 grams of the cereal by weight)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. garlic
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/8 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/8 cup to 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (to taste)
- Pinch cayenne ground pepper (to taste)
Preheat oven to 300F.
Saute onions and garlic.
Beat eggs in a bowl, and then add all other ingredients except the Special K. Mix well and then add the Special K last. Put in pan that is sprayed with cooking oil.
Bake for 1hour. Pour sauce over loaf after 1 hour, and bake for 10 more minutes.
served in Sri Chinmoy enterprise restuarants (Ananda Fuara and others around the U.S. and abroad)