- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For the custard:
- 1 firm-ripe medium nectarine
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla
- For the crust:
- 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) cold unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 firm-ripe medium nectarines
- 1/3 cup peach jam
- Make custard: Halve and pit nectarine. Cut halves into pieces and in a blender puree until smooth. In a heavy saucepan whisk together puree, yolks, granulated sugar, lemon juice, butter, and vanilla. Cook mixture over moderately low heat, whisking constantly, until it just reaches a boil, about 7 minutes, and immediately remove pan from heat. Strain custard through a sieve into a bowl and cool, its surface covered with a buttered round of wax paper. Chill custard at least 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- Make the crust: Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut butter into pieces. In a food processor pulse flour, brown sugar, and salt until combined well. Add butter and blend until a dough begins to form (mixture should hold together when squeezed between fingers). Press dough evenly into bottom and up sides of a 13 1/2- by 4- by 1-inch rectangular tart pan with a removable fluted rim. Bake crust in middle of oven 20 minutes and cool in pan on a rack. Crust may be made 2 days ahead and kept in pan, covered, at room temperature.
- Halve and pit nectarines. Cut halves into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Spoon custard into shell, smoothing top, and arrange nectarine slices decoratively on top. In a small saucepan heat jam over low heat until hot. Pour jam through a sieve into a bowl, pressing hard on solids. Lightly brush fruit with glaze. Chill tart, loosely covered with plastic wrap, until ready to serve. Tart may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered.
- Serves 6
NotesThis recipe is from the Atwood Cafe in Chicago, IL.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More