- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For the Filling:
- 3 cups blueberries (fresh are best)
- 1 cup blackberries or boysenberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup cranberries
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1-2 cups sugar
- For the Crust:
- 2 cups of flour
- 2/3 cup, plus 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup of ice water
- Make the Crust
- Combine flour, salt, and sugar. Mix with a fork. Add shortening and mix with a pastry blender or a fork until well combined. Add ice water and mix lightly with a fork until dough is able to be formed into a ball. Spray pie pan lightly with a non-stick cooking spray. Use approximately half of the dough to form the bottom crust and the remainder for the top crust.
- Make the Pie:
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix flour, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Mix all berries in a separate bowl. Add half of the dry ingredients with the berries.
- Place a layer of berry mixture in pie pan and top with part of the remaining dry ingredients, continue until all berries and dry ingredients are used.
- Dot the top with butter. Top with crust. Brush top crust lightly with water and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 40-45 minutes -- until juices are bubbly and crust is browned.
- Cool completely and serve.
NotesNed: "Yesterday's Four Berry Pie was actually three-and-a-half because I ran out of cranberries. I didn't tell you that."
Chuck: "Actually, you did. You asked if orange counted as a berry. And I said it didn't, but no one had to know but us."
Ned: "I like that you said 'us.'"
Chuck: "Well we are an 'us' aren't we?"