- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6- 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c. sliced fresh peaches (or any fresh fruit)
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. butter
- 3/4 c. self-rising flour (see note)
- 3/4 c. milk
- Ground nutmeg
- Combine fruit with sugar in a bowl; set aside. Put butter in an 11 x 8 x 2 1/2-inch baking dish.
- Place in 350 degree oven to melt butter. Butter should be bubbly but not brown.
- Combine flour and milk; pour over melted butter in pan. Spoon fruit mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg. Do not stir.
- Return to 350 degree oven and bake 1 hour, or until cobbler is golden brown.
- Note: To make your own self-rising flour, add 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt to 3/4 cup all-purpose flour.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More