- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6- 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c. sliced fresh peaches (or any fresh fruit)
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. butter
- 3/4 c. self-rising flour (see note)
- 3/4 c. milk
- Ground nutmeg
- Combine fruit with sugar in a bowl; set aside. Put butter in an 11 x 8 x 2 1/2-inch baking dish.
- Place in 350 degree oven to melt butter. Butter should be bubbly but not brown.
- Combine flour and milk; pour over melted butter in pan. Spoon fruit mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg. Do not stir.
- Return to 350 degree oven and bake 1 hour, or until cobbler is golden brown.
- Note: To make your own self-rising flour, add 1 teaspoon baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt to 3/4 cup all-purpose flour.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More