- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Baked 9" pie shell
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- 2 T. milk
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 4 c. fresh blueberries
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 1/8 t. salt
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 T. cornstarch
- Soften cream cheese. Add milk and lemon peel; beat until smooth. Spread cheese mixture evenly in bottom of baked pie shell.
- Sprinkle 2 c. whole blueberries over cheese layer.
- Mash remainder of blueberries; spoon into a 1-1/2 c. measure. Add lemon juice and salt and enough water to make 1-1/2 c. of pulp and liquid.
- Place in a small saucepan.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch. Stir into the blueberry pulp.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook for about 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool mixture to lukewarm.
- Spoon the blueberry sauce over blueberries. Chill pie for several hours.
- Cut pie and watch.. in one minute it will be gone! Enjoy!
NotesThis is a favorite at the Pie Hole.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More