- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups white sugar
- ½ cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven at 300 degrees.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into the mixer. Cut in shortening until fine crumbs are formed.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla. Beat at low speed for 1 minute then high for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9 x 13 pan.
- Pour topping on cake.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until cake is golden brown on top.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More