- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups white sugar
- ½ cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven at 300 degrees.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into the mixer. Cut in shortening until fine crumbs are formed.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla. Beat at low speed for 1 minute then high for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9 x 13 pan.
- Pour topping on cake.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until cake is golden brown on top.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More