- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 2 dozen
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- • 1 cup light brown sugar
- • 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- • 1 large egg
- • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- • 1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
- • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt
- • 1-1/2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
- • 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Cream the butter with the sugars using an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy (approximately 30 seconds)
- 2. Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract for another 30 seconds.
- 3. In a mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture at low speed for about 15 seconds. Stir in the espresso coffee powder and chocolate chips.
- 4. Using a 1 ounce scoop or a 2 tablespoon measure, drop cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart. Gently press down on the dough with the back of a spoon to spread out into a 2 inch circle. Bake for about 20 minutes or until nicely browned around the edges. Bake a little longer for a crispier cookie.
NotesThere's an urban myth that Neiman Marcus' famous chocolate chip cookie recipe is difficult to find and was once sold to a lady for $200.00. (Basic outline of the story).
Whatever the truth is, the recipe is on their web site now, and these cookies are delish!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Arugula and Corn Salad With Roasted Red Peppers and White Bean
Stuffed Zucchini with Turkey Sausage RecipeSee More