- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 2 dozen
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
BackstoryThere's an urban myth that Neiman Marcus' famous chocolate chip cookie recipe is difficult to find and was once sold to a lady for $200.00. (Basic outline of the story).
Whatever the truth is, the recipe is on their web site now, and these cookies are delish!
- • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- • 1 cup light brown sugar
- • 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- • 1 large egg
- • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- • 1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
- • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt
- • 1-1/2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder
- • 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Cream the butter with the sugars using an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy (approximately 30 seconds)
- 2. Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract for another 30 seconds.
- 3. In a mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture at low speed for about 15 seconds. Stir in the espresso coffee powder and chocolate chips.
- 4. Using a 1 ounce scoop or a 2 tablespoon measure, drop cookie dough onto a greased cookie sheet about 3 inches apart. Gently press down on the dough with the back of a spoon to spread out into a 2 inch circle. Bake for about 20 minutes or until nicely browned around the edges. Bake a little longer for a crispier cookie.