- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 125g soft btter
- 125g sugar
- 125g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp bicarb of soda
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 500ml double cream
- food colouring of your choice.
- preheat oven 200/gas mark 6 and line a 12 bun cake tin with muffin papers
- Step 2: cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Step 3: add the eggs one at a timewith a little flour, beating as you go.
- Step 4: fold in the rest of the flour, baking powder, bicarb and vanilla.
- Step 5: spoon the mixture into the muffin papers and bake for 20-30 mins
- Step 6: once cool, cut off the mounded peaks and cut the in two to make the wings
- Step 7: whip the cream until thick, colouring with the colours of your choice. dollop 2tsp of cream onto each cake then place your butterfly wings.
Notesthis is the recipe i use for most of my plain cupcakes, i addapt the decoration depending on mood...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
MetroCooking DC 2013
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More