- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 125g soft btter
- 125g sugar
- 125g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp bicarb of soda
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 500ml double cream
- food colouring of your choice.
- preheat oven 200/gas mark 6 and line a 12 bun cake tin with muffin papers
- Step 2: cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy
- Step 3: add the eggs one at a timewith a little flour, beating as you go.
- Step 4: fold in the rest of the flour, baking powder, bicarb and vanilla.
- Step 5: spoon the mixture into the muffin papers and bake for 20-30 mins
- Step 6: once cool, cut off the mounded peaks and cut the in two to make the wings
- Step 7: whip the cream until thick, colouring with the colours of your choice. dollop 2tsp of cream onto each cake then place your butterfly wings.
Notesthis is the recipe i use for most of my plain cupcakes, i addapt the decoration depending on mood...
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Paul's Food World Volume 1
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free MamaSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More