- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- Look at link above for frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time; scrape down bowl, and beat in vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternatively, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- To assemble the Cupcakes:
- Martha says, "When preparing the chocolate buttercream frosting, reserve 1 1/2 cups buttercream and 1 teaspoon melted chocolate."
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut(about 5 ounces)
- Vanilla Cupcakes
- Chocolate Buttercream
- Yellow and light-blue food coloring
- Spread coconut on a rimmed baking sheet; bake until light brown, 8 to 10 minutes, rotating pan once. Set aside to cool.
- Lightly frost cupcakes with 1 cup chocolate buttercream; set aside. Tint 2 tablespoons reserved buttercream pale yellow; place in a pastry bag fitted with a #349 Ateco leaf tip; set aside. Tint remaining buttercream light blue; place in a pastry bag fitted with a #11 Ateco plain round tip, and pipe three bluebird heads, 3/4 inch in diameter, onto each cupcake. Using leaf tip, pipe yellow beaks. With a toothpick, add melted-chocolate eyes. Form each nest with 2 tablespoons toasted coconut.
- Divide batter evenly among liners, about three-quarters full each. Bake until golden and tops spring back to touch, about 20 minutes, rotating pan once if needed. Transfer pans to wire rack; cool completely.
Notes"I first made these cupcakes for a baby shower for my older sister. They are beyond adorable and so amazingly tasty. Creating the baby bluebirds may seem tricky at first, but just practice on a piece of wax paper till you get in a groove."
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Molten Chocolate Walnut Cupcakes
Rabiole Soup (white turnip)
Stamp you passport ~> Portuguese HamburgersSee More