- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups shortening
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Cut shortening into flour and salt.
- Combine egg, water and vinegar.
- Pour liquid into flour mixture all at once. Blend with spoon just until flour is all moistened.
- Roll out on floured board. (Makes 2 double crusts)
- This is easy to handle and can be rerolled without toughening.
- Keep in refrigerator up to two weeks.
- To store divide into 4 equals balls and store in tight container or plastic bag.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More