- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1c warm water
- 3tblsp sugar
- 1 1/2tsp salt
- 3tblsp Olive or Corn oil
- 3c bread flour (try White Lily)
- 2 1/4tsp active dry yeast (Red Star, for bread machines, is my fav)
- add'l tblsp or so Olive or Corn oil
- Set machine for a 1.5lb, medium-color, white loaf. On my machine, this is a 3hr process.
- Layer ingredients in bread machine pan in the order listed, and push "START".
- The "additional tablespoon or so" of oil because I have found you get better results with a bread machine if you allow it to go thru its initial blending period, then when it starts its first vigorous mix, drizzle more oil over the mixture in the pan and, using a small spatula, help the mixture to bind while it's mixing by scraping the sides down and incorporating all the little dough balls that are being left behind. It's a little more work than is intended by using a bread machine, but time after time I get a nice, even loaf of bread by helping this process along just a tad. Plus, the oil helps to encourage even browning. Maybe your machine is the shiz-nit, and you DON'T have to do this at all... BUT- if you, too, notice this has been an issue and have shelved the machine because of it, give it a try!
NotesI never buy white bread... Why? Because this is SO easy and good. Maybe it costs slightly more, but I don't care. AND- the house smells GREAT when you make bread.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More