- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6 servings
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (3-4 lb.) corned brisket of beef
- 3 qts. water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp peppercorns
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 whole med. potatoes, peeled
- 6 whole carrots, peeled
- 4 parsnips, peeled and cut in halves, crosswise
- 3 onions, peeled and cut in halves crosswise
- 1 turnip, peeled and quartered
- 1 head cabbage, cut in 6 wedges
- Place meat in deep kettle. Cover with water. Add bay leaves, peppercorns and cloves. Cover, bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 'til tender, about 3 hours.
- Add potatoes, carrots, parsnips, onions and turnip. Simmer 30 min. Add cabbage and continue cooking 'til all veg are tender, about 20 min.
- Place meat in center of platter, and surround with veg. (Reserve the broth for soups.)
- Note: Many women prefer to cook a 5 lb. corned brisket of beef to have leftovers for sandwich making.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014
Recipes for Vitality
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More