- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6 servings
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (3-4 lb.) corned brisket of beef
- 3 qts. water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp peppercorns
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 whole med. potatoes, peeled
- 6 whole carrots, peeled
- 4 parsnips, peeled and cut in halves, crosswise
- 3 onions, peeled and cut in halves crosswise
- 1 turnip, peeled and quartered
- 1 head cabbage, cut in 6 wedges
- Place meat in deep kettle. Cover with water. Add bay leaves, peppercorns and cloves. Cover, bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 'til tender, about 3 hours.
- Add potatoes, carrots, parsnips, onions and turnip. Simmer 30 min. Add cabbage and continue cooking 'til all veg are tender, about 20 min.
- Place meat in center of platter, and surround with veg. (Reserve the broth for soups.)
- Note: Many women prefer to cook a 5 lb. corned brisket of beef to have leftovers for sandwich making.
The Official "Burnt" Movie Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Frank's Redhot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Applesauce Oaties – Great, Great Grandma Hannon
Pumpkin CheesecakeSee More