NEW ENGLAND CLAM PIZZA
- 1 recipe Crisp Pizza Dough (recipe follows)
- 2 cloves garlic
- Two 6-1/2 oz. cans minced clams
- 1 oz. Parmesan cheese, about 1/3 cup grated
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cornmeal for sprinkling, optional
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh Italian parsley
Make dough. Heat the oven to 475 degrees F. Mince garlic. Drain clams. Grate cheese.
Combine garlic, clams, oregano, oil, 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Oil a 16-inch pizza pan and sprinkle with cornmeal.
Press dough into pan. Top with clam mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake until crisp, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Makes one 16-inch pizza