- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 9 servings
- Preparation Time:
- # Pudding:
- # 1/4 cup raisins
- # 2 tablespoons bourbon
- # 1 1/4 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- # 1/2 cup sugar
- # 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- # 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- # 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- # Dash of salt
- # 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- # 4 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed French bread (about 8 ounces)
- # Cooking spray
- # Sauce:
- # 1/2 cup sugar
- # 1/4 cup light-colored corn syrup
- # 1/4 cup butter
- # 1/4 cup bourbon
- To prepare pudding, combine raisins and 2 tablespoons bourbon in a bowl. Let stand 30 minutes. Drain mixture in a sieve over a bowl, reserving liquid.
- Combine reserved liquid, milk, and next 6 ingredients (milk through eggs) in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add bread, tossing gently to coat. Spoon mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with raisins, pressing gently into bread mixture. Cover with foil; chill 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place dish in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan; add hot water to pan to a depth of 1 inch. Bake, covered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- To prepare sauce, combine 1/2 cup sugar, corn syrup, and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 cup bourbon. Serve each bread pudding piece warm with about 1 tablespoon sauce.
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Fueling a FirehouseSee More
Gluten Free Vietnamese Perogies
Campbell's Kitchen Slow Cooker Bacon Potato ChowderSee More