- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 9 servings
- Preparation Time:
- # Pudding:
- # 1/4 cup raisins
- # 2 tablespoons bourbon
- # 1 1/4 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- # 1/2 cup sugar
- # 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- # 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- # 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- # Dash of salt
- # 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- # 4 1/2 cups (1/2-inch) cubed French bread (about 8 ounces)
- # Cooking spray
- # Sauce:
- # 1/2 cup sugar
- # 1/4 cup light-colored corn syrup
- # 1/4 cup butter
- # 1/4 cup bourbon
- To prepare pudding, combine raisins and 2 tablespoons bourbon in a bowl. Let stand 30 minutes. Drain mixture in a sieve over a bowl, reserving liquid.
- Combine reserved liquid, milk, and next 6 ingredients (milk through eggs) in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add bread, tossing gently to coat. Spoon mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with raisins, pressing gently into bread mixture. Cover with foil; chill 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place dish in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan; add hot water to pan to a depth of 1 inch. Bake, covered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- To prepare sauce, combine 1/2 cup sugar, corn syrup, and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 cup bourbon. Serve each bread pudding piece warm with about 1 tablespoon sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The NourishFull Kitchen
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More