- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryYield = 1 to 30 - your choice - depends on the size you choose to make.
NOTE ABOUT NUTS:
Chopped nuts distribute more evenly than whole nuts.
Any type nut can be used.
Roasting enhances the nutty flavor. Flavoring the nuts is OK. (Cinnamon, cayenne, rosemary, mint, etc.)
To roast nuts, spread on cookie sheet lined with Reynolds Parchment paper and roast in oven @ 275’ for 20 - 25 minutes.
Due to the cooling time of the candy, you must work quickly once the candy has come up to temperature.
- >>>NEVER DOUBLE THIS RECIPE<<<
- 1.5 C white sugar
- 3/4 C dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 C milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 stick unsalted butter (6 T) -- BUTTER ONLY
- 2 C chopped pecans, plain or roasted
- Reynolds Parchment Paper
- Stirring constantly over med. heat, combine all ingredients.
- Bring to soft ball stage (238 - 240 on candy thermometer)
- Remove from heat.
- Continue stirring until mixture thickens, becomes creamy and cloudy, and pecans stay suspended in the mixture.
- Spoon onto parchment paper (1-2 Tblsp makes a nice size).
- Let cool.
- Store in an airtight container 10-14 days.
- Dip in chocolate when cooled.