- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp KOSHER salt or 1/2 tsp table salt
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter or olive oil
- 1 cup Kosher salt or 1/2 cup table salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 pounds large shrimp
- Mix thyme, oregano, paprika, cayenne & salt together in small bowl.
- Pour 2 quarts very cold water into large bowl. Add salt and sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add shrimp and let stand in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Drain shrimp.
- Devain shrimp.
- Toss shrimp with spice mixture.
- Melt butter or oil in saute pan and when hot put shrimp in.
- Cook until bright pink and turn once.
NotesSince I found this recipe, I can't cook shrimp any other way.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More