- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp KOSHER salt or 1/2 tsp table salt
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter or olive oil
- 1 cup Kosher salt or 1/2 cup table salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 pounds large shrimp
- Mix thyme, oregano, paprika, cayenne & salt together in small bowl.
- Pour 2 quarts very cold water into large bowl. Add salt and sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add shrimp and let stand in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Drain shrimp.
- Devain shrimp.
- Toss shrimp with spice mixture.
- Melt butter or oil in saute pan and when hot put shrimp in.
- Cook until bright pink and turn once.
NotesSince I found this recipe, I can't cook shrimp any other way.