- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 40
- 2 pounds tiny new potatoes
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise dressing or light salad dressing
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet or dill pickles
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine potatoes and enough water to cover potatoes. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or just until tender. Drain well; cool potatoes. Cut potatoes into quarters.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise dressing, celery, onion, pickles, the 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the potatoes and egg, gently tossing to coat. Cover and chill for 6 to 24 hours.
- To serve, stir enough of the milk into salad to reach desired consistency. Season to taste with additional pepper.
- Per Serving: 86 Calories, 3 g Total Fat, 1 g Saturated Fat, 27 mg Cholesterol, 254 mg Sodium, 14 g Carbohydrate, 1 g Fiber, 2 g Protein
NotesThis recipe is taken from Diabetic Living. Ever since being diagnosed with diabetes I have been looking for meals that will help my sugar levels, but also both my dh and I will eat.