- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 40
- 2 pounds tiny new potatoes
- 1 cup low-fat mayonnaise dressing or light salad dressing
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet or dill pickles
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine potatoes and enough water to cover potatoes. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or just until tender. Drain well; cool potatoes. Cut potatoes into quarters.
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise dressing, celery, onion, pickles, the 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the potatoes and egg, gently tossing to coat. Cover and chill for 6 to 24 hours.
- To serve, stir enough of the milk into salad to reach desired consistency. Season to taste with additional pepper.
- Per Serving: 86 Calories, 3 g Total Fat, 1 g Saturated Fat, 27 mg Cholesterol, 254 mg Sodium, 14 g Carbohydrate, 1 g Fiber, 2 g Protein
NotesThis recipe is taken from Diabetic Living. Ever since being diagnosed with diabetes I have been looking for meals that will help my sugar levels, but also both my dh and I will eat.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More