- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage
- 4 pounds medium-size red-skinned potatoes, scrubbed, quartered
- 1 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 16 shallots, peeled, halved lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook butter and fresh sage in small saucepan over medium-heat until butter simmers and is well flavored with sage, about 4 minutes.
- Toss potatoes with dried sage and 2 tablespoons sage butter in bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Transfer potatoes to 2 baking sheets. Bake 20 minutes.
- Toss shallots in same bowl with 1 tablespoon sage butter. Season with salt and pepper. Divide shallots between baking sheets.
- Roast until potatoes and shallots are tender and golden, turning occasionally, about 35 minutes longer. Transfer potatoes and shallots to large bowl. Add remaining sage butter; toss. Season with salt and pepper. Makes 8 Servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More