- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (use food processor)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped vanilla wafers
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 6 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- Lemon Blueberry Topping:
- 1 pint fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 to 1 cup cold water
- Lightly butter 10-in. springform pan.. Mix crust ingredients together in a bowl. Press in buttered pan, trying to line the sides as much as possible, about 1-1/2 inches up the sides of pan; set aside. Preheat oven to 300ºF for dark pan, 325ºF for silver pan.
- Beat cream cheese in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the sugar a little at a time, keeping the mixer on a low setting; mix until creamy. Add flour and vanilla, mix until blended. Add one egg at a time,
- and beat after each egg. Add sour cream and beat until mixed and creamy. Pour the filling on top of the crust, smooth the top evenly with a spatula.
- Set the pan on a large piece of aluminum foil and fold up the sides around it. Place the cake pan in a large roasting pan. Pour boiling water into the roasting pan until the water is about halfway up the spring form pan The foil will keep the water out of the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes. Cake should look set, and not jiggle, don't let it brown. Don't stick a knife in the middle or might crack. Cool in pan for about 30 minutes, then chill in the refrigerator, loosely
- covered for at least 4 hours. Loosen the cheesecake if needed by running a thin spatula around the sides.
- Lemon Blueberry Topping: In a small saucepan, add blueberries, sugar, lemon zest and juice. Simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the fruit begins to break down slightly. Add cornstarch mixture and simmer until thickens. Cool before using on cheesecake. This would taste great on vanilla ice cream, too.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
My Family CookbookSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More