- Cooking Time: 2 hrs. & 15 minutes
- Preparation Time: about 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 1/2 lbs. cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Lightly coat a 10-inch springform pan with cooking spray (or a 9 X 13-inch pan can also be used).
- To make crust: Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 beaten egg and 1/2 cup butter or margarine.
- Spread to the edges of the pan; prick all over with a fork, then bake for 15 minutes at 400 F.
- Remove from oven; allow to cool; increase oven temperature to 475 F.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, 1 3/4 cups sugar, 3 Tbsp. flour, 5 eggs and the yolks and mix thoroughly; add cream and mix only enough to blend.
- Pour filling over crust and bake for 10 minutes at 475 F.; reduce temperature to 200 F. and continue to bake for one hour; turn oven off, but leave cake in for another hour (don't worry if it looks a little wobbly in the center).
- Chill overnight in refrigerator (this is very important!).
- Top with your favorite fruit or berries; or serve plain.
NotesI came across this recipe for New York Style Cheesecake on Allrecipes.com. It was submitted by Sandy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More