- Cooking Time: 2 hrs. & 15 minutes
- Preparation Time: about 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 1/2 lbs. cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Lightly coat a 10-inch springform pan with cooking spray (or a 9 X 13-inch pan can also be used).
- To make crust: Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 beaten egg and 1/2 cup butter or margarine.
- Spread to the edges of the pan; prick all over with a fork, then bake for 15 minutes at 400 F.
- Remove from oven; allow to cool; increase oven temperature to 475 F.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, 1 3/4 cups sugar, 3 Tbsp. flour, 5 eggs and the yolks and mix thoroughly; add cream and mix only enough to blend.
- Pour filling over crust and bake for 10 minutes at 475 F.; reduce temperature to 200 F. and continue to bake for one hour; turn oven off, but leave cake in for another hour (don't worry if it looks a little wobbly in the center).
- Chill overnight in refrigerator (this is very important!).
- Top with your favorite fruit or berries; or serve plain.
NotesI came across this recipe for New York Style Cheesecake on Allrecipes.com. It was submitted by Sandy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More