- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (Use food processor for best results)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped vanilla wafers (Use processor)
- 4 TBL. melted butter
- 10 inch Springform pan, coat lightly with butter. Prepare pan. Mix ingredients together in a bowl. Press in prepared pan, going up about 1 1/2 inches up the sides of pan; set aside.
- 6 (8oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 TBL. vanilla
- 3 TBL. flour
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- Beat cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the sugar, a little at a time, keeping the mixer on a low setting; mix until creamy. Add flour and vanilla; mix until blended. Add 1 egg at a time, beating after each egg. Add the sour cream and beat until smooth and creamy. Pour the filling on top of prepared crust, smooth the top evenly with a spatula.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees for dark pan, or 325 degrees for silver pan. Set the pan on a large piece of aluminum foil and fold up around the sides of the pan. Place the cake pan in a large roasting pan. Pour boiling water into the roasting pan until the water is about half way up springform pan. The foil will keep the water out of the pan. This will prevent the cake from cracking.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour-1 hour-10 minutes. Cake should look set, and not jiggle. Don’t allow it to brown. Don’t stick knife in middle, or it might crack. Cool in pan for 30 minutes, then chill in refrigerator, loosely covered 4 hours. Unmold and place on serving platter. Refrigerate leftovers. Makes a thick, 10 inch cheesecake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More