- Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Servings: 16 to 20 servings
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- For the crust:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or stick margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- For the cheesecake:
- 5 packages (8oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 5 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- To make the crust: Preheat oven to 400 F.; lightly grease springform pan, 9 X 3 inches with shortening (I used a non-stick spray for baking) and remove bottom.
- Mix all ingredients with fork until dough forms; gather into a ball.
- Press one-third of the dough evenly on the bottom of pan; place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown; cool.
- Assemble bottom and side of pan; secure side.
- Press remaining dough 2 inches up side of pan.
- To make cheesecake: Preheat oven to 475 F.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, and salt in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed about 1 minute or until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, egg yolks and whipping cream on low speed until well blended; pour into crust; bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 200 F.; bake 1 hour longer (cheesecake may not appear to be done, but if a small area in the center seems soft, it will become firm as cheesecake cools; do not insert a knife to test for doneness because the hole could cause cheesecake to crack).
- Turn off oven; leave cheesecake in oven 30 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan away from drafts on wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Without releasing or removing side of pan, run a metal spatula carefully along side of cheesecake to loosen.
- Refrigerate uncovered about 3 hours or until chilled; cover and continue refrigerating at least 9 hours but no longer than 48 hours.
- Run metal spatula along side of cheesecake to loosen again; remove side of pan; leave cheesecake on pan to serve.
NotesThis cheesecake recipe comes from the Betty Crocker Cookbook. When my brother tried a slice of it, he said it tasted just like it came from a professional bakery!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More