- Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Servings: 16 to 20 servings
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- For the crust:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or stick margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- For the cheesecake:
- 5 packages (8oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 5 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- To make the crust: Preheat oven to 400 F.; lightly grease springform pan, 9 X 3 inches with shortening (I used a non-stick spray for baking) and remove bottom.
- Mix all ingredients with fork until dough forms; gather into a ball.
- Press one-third of the dough evenly on the bottom of pan; place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown; cool.
- Assemble bottom and side of pan; secure side.
- Press remaining dough 2 inches up side of pan.
- To make cheesecake: Preheat oven to 475 F.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, and salt in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed about 1 minute or until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, egg yolks and whipping cream on low speed until well blended; pour into crust; bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 200 F.; bake 1 hour longer (cheesecake may not appear to be done, but if a small area in the center seems soft, it will become firm as cheesecake cools; do not insert a knife to test for doneness because the hole could cause cheesecake to crack).
- Turn off oven; leave cheesecake in oven 30 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan away from drafts on wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Without releasing or removing side of pan, run a metal spatula carefully along side of cheesecake to loosen.
- Refrigerate uncovered about 3 hours or until chilled; cover and continue refrigerating at least 9 hours but no longer than 48 hours.
- Run metal spatula along side of cheesecake to loosen again; remove side of pan; leave cheesecake on pan to serve.
NotesThis cheesecake recipe comes from the Betty Crocker Cookbook. When my brother tried a slice of it, he said it tasted just like it came from a professional bakery!
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat NecessarySee More
Bacon Wrapped Mushrooms
Spicy Chicken Ranch Hot Dip
Big Matt's babyback ribsSee More