- Cooking Time: 1 1/2 hours
- Servings: 8 servings
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 5 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp. finely shredded lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- To make the crust: Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter or margarine; stir until well combined; press onto bottom and 2 1/2 inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- To make the filling: Mix cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla; beat with electric mixer until fluffy; add eggs and egg yolks, beating on low speed just until combined; stir in whipping cream and lemon peel; pour into pan.
- Place pan in a shallow baking pan in oven; bake for about 1 1/2 hours or until center appears nearly set when shaken.
- Cool 15 minutes; loosen crust from sides of pan; cool 30 minutes more; remove sides of pan; cool completely.
- Chill 4 to 24 hours in refrigerator.
NotesThis is a cheesecake recipe that I found on Better Homes & Gardens. The only thing I changed was that I substituted a 1/2 teaspoon of lemon extract for the shredded lemon peel (the cheesecake had a nice lemony flavor to it!).
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More