- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For the base:
- 1/2 cup (120g) unsalted butter
- 8oz (250g) amaretti cookies, crushed
- For the filling:
- 13oz (380g) white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 2/3 cups whole milk
- 3 cups (750g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- Seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 1/2 cup (60g) confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- Bittersweet and white chocolate scrolls for decoration
- Tip: Lining the Pan
- Use a springform pan about 11in (28cm) in diameter. To line the pan, place a large sheet of parchment paper on the base, position the pan’s side, and clamp it in place. Trim off excess with scissors.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Melt the butter in a small pan and mix in the amaretti crumbs. Press evenly over the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- To make the filling, place the chocolate and milk in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. When melted, gently stir using an immersion blender, avoiding beating in any air. Let cool, stirring now and then to prevent a skin from forming.
- Meanwhile, beat together the cream cheese, vanilla seeds, and confectioners’ sugar until creamy. Stir in half of the white chocolate mixture, then fold in the remainder. Pour into the cake pan and spread level. Cover and chill for at least six hours.
- Run a sharp knife carefully around the inside of the pan to release the cheesecake, then unclamp the side and lift off. Transfer the cheesecake to a serving plate and then decorate with chocolate scrolls.
NotesThis version of a classic cheesecake is unbaked and made with white chocolate. Its rich, creamy filling contrasts well with the crunchy almond-flavored base. It is easy to make and you can vary the toppings: Try red berries or orange or banana slices, or simply spread sour cream over the top.
Makes an 11in (28cm) cheesecake